The present document specifies the M2M service requirements aiming at an efficient end-to-end delivery of M2M services.
It contains the following clauses:
• General requirements – describes communications features necessary for the correct establishment of M2M communications.
• Management – specifies requirements related to the management modes (malfunction detection, configuration, accounting, etc.).
• Functional requirements for M2M services – describes functionalities-related requirements for M2M (datacollection & reporting, remote control operations, etc.).
• Security – covers the requirements for M2M device authentication, data integrity, privacy, etc.
• Naming, numbering and addressing – provides the requirements relating to naming, numbering and addressing schemes specific to M2M. The M2M requirements in the present document are influenced by the following use cases:
• Smart meter use cases as described in TR 102 691 [i.2].
• eHealth use cases as described in TR 102 732 [i.3].
• Track and Trace use cases as described in annex B.
• Monitoring use cases as described in annex B.
• Transaction use cases as described in annex B.
• Control use cases as described in annex B.
• Home Automation use cases as described in annex B.
• City automation use cases as described in TR 102 897 [i.4].
• Connected consumer used cases as described in TR 102 875 [i.5].
• Automotive use cases as described in TR 102 898 [i.6].